The second-half 2013-2014 school taxes are due and payable without penalty until May 12, according to Town of North Hempstead Receiver of Taxes Charles Berman.
Mailed payments must be postmarked by May 12 to avoid a penalty. Office postage meters are not official postmarks.
All property owners, except those whose taxes are paid through a mortgage escrow account, should have already received a bill. If you misplaced your tax bill, get a duplicate by calling 311. From outside the town, call 516-869-6311. Have your school district, section, block and lot number available.
When paying by mail, include your remittance stub with your check in the blue or white return envelope that has been provided. When paying in person, bring your entire bill.
Include your bill number on your check, and make checks payable to: Charles Berman, Receiver of Taxes
Regular office hours are 9 a.m.-4:45 p.m., Monday to Friday. The tax office will be open from 9 a.m. 7 p.m. on Monday, May 12.
Payments (checks only) also can be made at these locations:
• Friday, May 2, 10 a.m. to noon. Clinton G. Martin Park, Marcus Avenue and New Hyde Park Road, New Hyde Park
• Friday, May 2, 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. Broadway Park, Broadway and County Courthouse Road, Garden City Park
• Monday, May 5, 11 a.m. to noon. Great Neck Senior Center, Inc., 80 Grace Ave., Great Neck
• Monday, May 5, 1 to 3 p.m. Michael J. Tully Park, Evergreen Avenue, New Hyde Park
• Tuesday, May 6, 10 a.m. to noon. Fuschillo Park, Carle Road and Broadmoor Lane, Carle Place
• Tuesday, May 6, 1 to 2 p.m. Yes We Can! Community Center, 141 Garden St., New Cassel
• Wednesday, May 7, 10 a.m. to noon. Port Washington Parking District, 15 Vanderventer Ave., Port Washington
• Wednesday, May 7, 1 to 2 p.m. Town’s Department of Services for the Aging, 470 Old Westbury Road, Roslyn (off the LIE South Service Road)
• Thurday, May 8. Noon to 2 p.m. John D. Caemmerer Park, Wentworth Avenue, Albertson