Spuntino Wine Bar & Italian Tapas, specializing in small plates that put modern twists on Italian classics and world class wines, invites guests to enjoy its Lieb Cellars Wine Dinner at its location in The Gallery at Westbury Plaza on Thursday, June 29 at 7 p.m.
Special guest Ami Opisso, general manager and certified sommelier at Lieb Cellars, will provide tasting notes to guests during the dinner, which will feature a five-course tasting menu created by Executive Chef Ryan Keough paired with wines from Lieb Cellars Vineyard – founded in 1992 on the North Fork of Long Island, 80 miles east of New York City. Lieb’s Cellars mission is to continue to produce and deliverer the highest quality estate-grown wine, without compromising the land. The full menu includes:
- Roasted Tomato Bruschetta – Bianco D’Oro ricotta, crispy prosciutto, roasted teardrop tomatoes. Paired with Lieb Cellars, Blanc de Blancs “Reserve” 2011
- Red Wine Braised Octopus – Panzanella salad, carrot puree, pickled shallots. Paired with Lieb Cellars, Pinot Blanc “Reserve” 2015
- Roasted Cauliflower Salad– Baby watercress, pomegranate seeds, shaved manchego. Paired with Bridge Lane, Red Blend 2016
- Seared Berkshire Pork Chop – Beet root puree, sugar snap peas, brown butter. Paired with Lieb Cellars, Cabernet Franc “Reserve” 2015
- Pistachio di Torta – Orange mascarpone cream. Paired with “Ice Wine” Blend NV
Tickets for the Lieb Cellars Wine Dinner are $74 per person and can be purchased online by visiting www.spuntinowinebar.com/lieb-cellars-wine-dinner-westbury/